- Collecting of Personal Information – we may obtain personal information about you from various sources, including this and other Alatganti.com.my website, mobile applications, when you call or email us or communicate with us through social media, or when you participate in events or other promotions. We also may obtain information about you from our parent, affiliate or subsidiary companies, business partners and other third parties. The type of personal information we may obtain include:
- Contact information of yourself such as name, social media accounts, postal and email address or phone numbers.
- Contact information of friends or other people you would like us to contact.
- Username and password for the account you may establish on our websites.
- Payment details; including payment card number, security code, expiration date, cardholder name and billing address.
- Shipping information; including the shipping address and phone number.
- Demographic information; such as age, date of birth and gender.
- Information you provide by interacting with us through social media, including photographs.
- Location information, such as the real-time geographic location of the device you use to log into our Website.
- Shopping behavior and preferences, and a record of the purchases you make on our websites.
- Other details that you submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
In addition, when you visit our websites or use our mobile applications, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browsers. A “web beacon”, also known as an internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, is used to transmit information back to a web server. We also may use third-party website analytics tools (such as Google), that collect information about visitor traffic on our websites. The information we may collect by automated means includes:
- Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type).
- URLs that refer visitors to our websites.
- Dates and times of visits to our websites.
- Information on actions taken on our websites (such as page views and sites navigation patterns).
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our websites.
- Search terms that visitors use to reach our websites.
- Used of the information collected. The purpose for us in collecting personal information is to provide a safe, smooth, efficient and customized experience to you. We may use the information we obtained to:
- Register you for membership at our websites, and manage and maintain your account on the websites.
- Provide products or services you requested.
- Process, validate, confirm, verify, deliver and track your purchases (including by processing payment card transactions, arranging shipping and handling returns and refunds, and contacting you about your orders, including by telephone call).
- Maintain a record of your purchase in our websites.
- Customize, measure and improve our products and services, content, events, promotions and advertising that may be of your interest.
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support.
- Enable you to communicate with us through our blogs, social networks and other interactive media.
- Publish your testimonials about hockguansb.com including on our websites ,blogs, social networks if we choose to publish your testimonial, we will include only your first name, city and state).
- Manage your participation in our events, sweepstakes and other promotions.
- Tailor our products and services to suit your personal interests and the manner in which visitors use our websites, applications and social media assets.
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer.
- Analyse and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to be received and read).
- Analyse trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our websites, and social media assets, and the purchases visitors make on our websites.
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorised transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorised users.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies.
We may combine the information we collected with publicly available information and information we received from our parents company, affiliate or subsidiaries companies, business partners and other third parties. We may use that combined information to enhance and personalize your shopping experience with us, for other promotional purposes, and for other purposes described in this section.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
We may engage with advertising networks that are members of organizations or programs that manage the privacy choices these advertising networks offer to consumers. Please do take note.
- Information we share
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information about you, except as described in our Privacy Notice.
We may share personal information we collected with our parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies, business partners, advertising network vendors and their participants, and other third parties for the purposes described in the Privacy Notice, including to communicate with you about products and services, offers, events and promotions that we believe may be of interest to you. We may also share personal information with our service providers who perform services on our behalf. These service providers are not authorized by us to use or disclose any information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or which comply with regal requirements.
We may also disclose information of you (1) if you are required to do so by law or legal process (such as court order), (2) in response to a request by law enforcement authorities, or (3) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
We reserve the right to transfer personal information we have in the event we sell, merge or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. Following such a sale, merger or transfer, you may contact related entity to which we transferred your personal information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
- Denial of Collection – There will be choices about information we collect, how we use and disclose the information, and how we communicate it with you.
- You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal information. We will apply your preferences going forward. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to Alatganti.com.my use or disclosure of your personal information will mean that you cannot take advantage of certain Alatganti.com.my offering or website features.
- Sharing of information – You may inform Alatganti.com.my not to share your personal information with our business partners for those partner’s own purposes. To do so, please email us at sales@Alatganti.com.my. If you option out, we will continue sharing your information as otherwise described in the “Information we share” section of this privacy notice, including with our service providers, to fulfill your requests and to comply with legal requirements.
- Cookies – Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to notify when you receive a new cookies, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all our website’s features. In addition, disabling cookies may cancel option-out that rely on cookies, such as web analytics or targeted advertising option-outs.
- Marketing Emails – you may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing emails or by adjusting your email preferences using the online account you may establish on our websites.
- Access and Correction – You may obtain a copy of certain personal information we maintain about you or update or correct inaccuracies in that information using the online account you may establish on our websites. In addition, if you believe other personal information we maintain about you is inaccurate, you may request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us as indicated in the “Contact Us” section of this privacy notice. If we deny an access request, we will notify you of the reasons for the denial.
- Links to other websites – our website may contain links to other websites for our user’s convenience and information. These sites may be operated by companies not affiliated with Alatganti.com.my. Linked websites may have their own privacy notices, which you should review if you visit those websites. We are not responsible for the content of any websites not affiliated with Alatganti.com.my, any use of those websites, or those website’s privacy practices.
- Data transfers – Alatganti.com.my is designed for Malaysian use and our website are subject to Malaysian laws, including those governing the privacy and security of your information. When we obtain personal information about you, we may process the information outside of the country in which you are located. The countries in which we process the information may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you are located. We will protect your information as described in this privacy notice.
- Protecting your personal information – We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to assist us in protecting the personal information we collected against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. We use Secure Sockets Layer encryption to protect certain of your purchase information.
- Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective.
- To further protect yourself, you should safeguard your account user name and password and not share that information with anyone. You should also sign off your account and close your browser window when you finished your visit to our website. Please note that we will never ask for your account user name or password via email.
- How to contact us – If you have any question or comments about our privacy notice, or if you would like us to update your information or preferences, please contact us via email at sales@Alatganti.com.my.